Thursday 11 April 2013

Ip-Art 2013 events calendar is out...at last!

For those of you not living in Suffolk UK, 'Ip-Art' probably means nothing...but to me it signifies Summer in Ipswich, my home town...



For approximately three weeks in June/July each year...this is the tenth...Ipswich is transformed into a flurry of events showcasing all aspects of the performing arts...cultural celebrations, animation, literature, music, dance and film....and as much as I'd like to experience it all I have had to select a few favourites from the, recently released, 'what's on' list.

Like the Writer's Cafe, where budding authors get a five minute slot during a free evening at a town-centre Costa coffee house to read an extract of their own literary creation...or the best of the London International Animation Festival...I can't resist the puppets!


Stephen Sondheim's musical, Into the Woods, based on a combination of several childhood fairy tales, is showing....






...and a huge working model of Iron Man, from Ted Hughes' book is due to be the star of an open-air adaptation down on the Ipswich waterfront....


I can't wait to peruse the whole calendar of events and prepare my itinerary....


This was one of the live venues from a previous year....Christchurch Park.

If you've got anything like this in your area, I'd encourage you to check what's available...there's bound to be something for everyone and it's a great way to get the kids involved in all aspects of the Arts, performance, film, music and cultures....just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment